Orbis Communications has an immediate opportunity for a full-time, permanent Asp.Net Developer to join our .Net team You will be working in an agile team to build a new and exciting enterprise-grade product that will transform the experiential learning management space.
If you’re looking to work in a small team to build a product that will have a big impact then this role is for you.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Orbis products, debugging, troubleshooting and making recommendations based on the business practices of our clients;
- Work closely with our account management team to understand and address client concerns and issues;
- Work closely under the guidance and direction of our executive team to learn Orbis systems and methods;
- Self-manage your time and look for ways of improving the functionality of the products while offering suggestions for future development;
- Demonstrate effective and timely communication skills in interpersonal relationships with the management team, clients, client support and
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate: * 3+ years of professional development experience with Asp.Net and C# Experience developing web applications with Asp.Net Core;
- Database experience (MSSQL, Oracle, SQL Server), including design, optimization, administration and maintenance;
- Solid understanding of relational and object-oriented analysis, design and implementation concepts;
- Working knowledge and understanding of database technologies;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies;
- Be flexible and adaptable to adjust to changing requirements as organizational priorities and customer deadlines shift;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing work schedules against deadlines in a high-pressure environment;
- Attention to detail is a must;
- A great attitude with the ability to follow direction well;
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Strong English communication skills, spoken and written.
Must-Have * Demonstrable experience and proficiency with Asp.Net and C#
- Operational knowledge of Entity Framework
- Database experience with SQL Server
- Be able to effectively communicate technical language and concepts
Nice to Have * Experience with Asp.Net Core
- Experience with Java and Spring MVC;
- Database experience (MSSQL, Oracle, SQL Server), including design, optimization, administration and maintenance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We allow all staff to choose if they want to work remotely, or in-person at our Hamilton, Ontario office.