Have you seen the news?: International post-secondary graduates in Canada can now apply to extend their post-graduate work permits.
This move deepens support for international graduates at a significant time. The pandemic hindered all post-secondary students and graduates’ abilities to gain work experience while our labour market is experiencing “The Great Resignation” and talent shortages.
Here are some resources to unpack what this means for international students and why it is important:
- “New Measures to Address Canada’s Labour Shortage“, Government of Canada
- “IRCC to resume FSWP & CEC invitations in July; and offer open work permit to PGWP holders”, CICI News, The Voice of Canadian Immigration, Shelby Thevenot and Kareem El-Assal
- “Canada to Provide Another PGWP Extension”, Canadian Immigration Law Firm”, Lauren Boorman
- “Minister Sean Fraser, why exclude us from the post-graduate work permit extension?“, Toronto Star, Minu Matthew
- “Canada Work Permits Extended for International Graduates“, PIE News, Helen Packer
Oh, and we have jobs for recent graduates (from employers across Canada specifically looking for them) on Outcome Campus Connect!